Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You are going to think I'm kidding in my opinion here, but I am not. I'm sure this sounds trite, but I'm going to say it anyhow:

By now everyone probably knows that Obama will be addressing the nation tonight regarding Afghanistan. He will be speaking from West Point, which I think is awful, but that is not my point. (If you want to read an interesting opinion regarding the President speaking from West Point, read here.) I just heard that the timing of the address is such that it will preempt part of the greatest show of all time in my opinion - A Charlie Brown Christmas. Apparently the beginning of the show will be aired, but the President's speech will break in before Linus goes on stage to explain the real meaning of Christmas - straight from the Bible. Very sad, I think. The only children's program shown on network TV that includes the true story of Christmas, and it will not be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment