Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Mom

My Mom is dying. The family has been called to Boise. I do not know if I can get there before she dies, but I was able to spend 2 days with her last month and, though there was no indication then of what was about to happen, I knew I might not see her again this side of heaven. I will go as soon as I can so that I can at least be there for the funeral.

Please pray for my Dad. He loves my Mom very much and has expressed that he wishes he could die too.

And please pray for Eric, Anna and Ethan. My leaving less than a week after arriving in Taiwan is going to be another big upheaval for the kids. And the whole reason we are in Taiwan is for Eric's job so it is no small matter to take time off - not that the company isn't accommodating - they are. But, well I don't think I can put this into words right now.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Britiney. I imagine I will stay with some family. Right now I just need to get there. I appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad for you and your family. While this is a burden, it also is a privilege to be able to get back with family at such a special time. Only God can relieve your Mom's suffering and bring her eternal joy. He also can comfort your Dad and the rest of your family with His peace and grace.

    Do you know that song "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercyme? Here is some of it:

    I can only imagine
    What my eyes will see
    When your face
    Is before me
    I can only imagine

    [Chorus:]
    Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
    Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
    Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
    Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
    I can only imagine

    I can only imagine
    When that day comes
    And I find myself
    Standing in the Son

    What a joy for your Mom. I can only imagine...

    I, and our group, will be praying for you, your family in Idaho, and Eric, Anna, and Ethan. You are covered in prayers and Jesus is sharing this heavy burden with you.

    Go in peace.

    Love,

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katherine. Yes, I know the song but had not thought of it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete