Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cuisine

Once while in training for a new job, a group of us had to do an exercise regarding "cuisine". It involved McDonald's and french food and other things that I don't remember. We were supposed to rate the various types of food from best to worst. I think the term "fine cuisine" was in there somewhere. I remember engaging in a playfully heated argument during the rating process. We had to present a rating agreed upon by the group and members of my group were putting McDonald's at or near the top of the list. I cannot stand McDonald's food so was very against their rank. Who knows how it came out, it doesn't matter. The point is this. I am again struggling with my Taiwan experience, and part of the struggle is with food. I was thinking about how McDonald's has moved high up on my list in recent weeks. When I think of french food I think of snails. (Truly!) And as you've seen in an earlier post, one of the things available to eat around here is snails. So...

Snails....McDonald's....Snails....McDonald's...

MCDONALD'S WINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment