Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Walk through the Park

On Sunday we went back to the park we had visited a few weeks ago, and this time I brought my good camera. I think I will use 2 posts to share some of my MANY pictures. This post will be mostly nature with a bit of architecture thrown in. Later I will show some of the people.

There was a cool bridge which zig-zagged and had these cool posts at either end.




Once again I was surprised to find homes within a public park. I thought this one was so pretty. I took 2 or 3 pictures and would have taken more except the owner walked up so I suddenly felt like I was trespassing.
As with many things around here, the benches look a little neglected. (I prefer to think of them as shabby chic.)


Of course I found flowers!

Such beautiful flowers, and at the same time fall foliage.
I was in love with the moss and took many pictures of it. I do not remember it being gold colored when we first visited. Perhaps it turns color in autumn just like tree leaves?
All of these pictures were taken on the same day. Funny, isn't it, how the scenery goes from spring to fall then back to spring?



I took several pictures of this leaf for 2 reasons: 1) it is just pretty; and 2) it surprised me to see this fade from green to yellow then orange then red. I have a stamp pad that does that and whenever I've used it I've not liked it much, thinking it wasn't "natural". Now I know differently!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like that before. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. steps, more stones, tree roots - all make interesting pictures.

    ReplyDelete