Monday, November 8, 2010

A Bad Day

Start to finish, this has been a bad day. And really it's not done yet.

First our alarm clock has backed itself up an hour each of the last 2 nights. Is it possible it wants to reset to Standard Time as the U.S. did this weekend? So we got up an hour late. Upon hearing the news Ethan immediately began crying. He needs routine. And he HATES to be late. I went out to tell the bus driver to go without us. Eric drove the kids to school. They were on time. He arrived at work about 1-1/2 hours later than usual.

Jasper was attacked by ants. As I was examining her to figure out why she was acting strangely a couple ants crawled onto me and began biting. I took her to the bathtub and spent quite a bit of time trying to get all the tiny ants out of her fur.

Puppies peed all over the house, over and over. Every time I tried to do anything I was interrupted by another mess.

Because of the puppy messes I closed all the bedroom doors. The air conditioner in Ethan's room decided to go berserk today. When I went to shut it off I discovered that the lock on Ethan's door is stuck, so his door was locked shut. I couldn't find a key that fit, so I decided to wait until he got home from school. They kids discovered some time ago that they could climb in and out the bedroom windows and thought that was the coolest thing. I decided to use that to my advantage and have Ethan crawl in, shut off the A/C and unlock the door. Of course, for some reason today his window was also locked. I had to call the realtor who called the landlord who came with a key and opened the door. He didn't seem the least bit interested in the noise the A/C was making. I just shut it off and am hoping it will fix itself.

The dumplings I fixed for dinner, which J had prepared while I was in the States, were full of vegetables instead of the pork I expected.

After dinner Eric headed to 7/11 to get some milk. He called a few minutes after leaving to report he'd had an altercation with a scooter.

And through it all, I've been dealing with severe repercussions from my cancer. Enough said.

I am ready for this day to be over!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a day. I'll be praying that it gets better for you...there must be something good, somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best thing about a day is that it ends.

    Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. ;-) (Yours or otherwise.)

    ReplyDelete