Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sundays for Dad

As Melodee would say, Dad is having the come-aparts today.

When Anna was learning about Venn Diagrams she had to poll family and friends and ask which day of the week was their favorite. For Grandma it was Sunday because she loved going to church and worshipping Jesus.

When I first saw Dad this morning it was only for a second. He began crying and left the room. He returned in a few minutes and told me that he dreads Sundays. He said Mom always made a special breakfast on Sundays and they always spent the whole day together.

Until today I have thought there would be a period of time when the loss of Mom would be hard for Dad but he would get through it and do fine. If you asked me right now, I would say I don't see how he's going to get through this.

Note to family: Be sure to contact Dad on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment