Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homesick

I'm tired of air conditioners that break at 2:00 a.m. Filled with ice, they sound like a jack hammer in the middle of the room. (Pick whichever room you like. There is no central ventilation system here, each room has it's own air conditioner.)

I'm tired of not being able to have fresh air in the house - EVER - because the screens fit so poorly that they are useless. I suppose they keep out birds, but bugs and lizards are free to come and go as they please.

I'm tired of dreading every necessary outing because it will involve trying to make my point to someone who doesn't understand me - either linguistically or culturally.

I'm tired of... I'm just tired of Taiwan. I have struggled since my return from The States over 2 months ago. I thought it would pass and I would readjust and everything would be okay, but it's not. I want to go home, wherever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment