Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"The Cone of Shame"

Eric and the kids saw the movie "UP" when it was in theaters and ever since they have laughed about a line in which a dog says he is wearing "the cone of shame".

Yesterday both of our dogs visited the vet and were spayed. When we picked them up we all began laughing and said "The cone of shame"! We're mean, I know. But they do look funny.


Isn't this funny? It looks like Jasper is sticking her tongue out at me because she doesn't like being photographed wearing the cone of shame! (In reality, that is one of Jasper's funny traits - she sticks her tongue out a lot.)


It seems Jade might be genuinely embarrassed by the cone. Every time I try to take her picture she turns away or walks away.


At least the cones are pretty colors!


Although I feel bad for the dogs because they don't feel good right now, I have to confess I am enjoying the fact that they are not feeling good enough to jump all over me. We have hired a dog trainer so are working to eliminate the jumping, but it's not been accomplished yet. So, for now, I am enjoying it.

3 comments:

  1. Jade is such a pretty dog. The other one is super fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade is everything a dog should be. I am pretty sure she will be my favorite dog ever. She is so smart! Jasper is dumber than a bag of rocks, but she follows Jade around like a shadow which is is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colours too! The old cones were always boring white.

    ReplyDelete