Friday, January 21, 2011

A Boy and His (Wonder) Dog

Last Sunday I walked into the living room and found this:


I love it. I am of the opinion that a boy should have a dog. Ethan was thrilled to get his very own dog. There have been many less than thrilling times since, as this dog has a penchant for biting. Still, she is a very loving dog and I was thrilled to see her cuddled with Ethan, who was asleep.

A dog trainer is coming to our house today to meet the dogs, "interview them" my contact said! I cannot say that (or type it) with a straight face. Will he ask the dogs questions? Will he understand when they answer in dog-speak? For the record, I am told he will train them in English. A definite bonus for us!

This dog definitely needs a trainer. She is very smart but I do not have any idea how to train her so it's time for a professional. I am convinced she will be worth it. Jasper will be trained at the same time, but I don't know how well she will do. She is a very cute little fur ball and much loved by Anna but, smart? Not so much. Nevertheless I think things will work out because Jasper follows Jade like a shadow so if Jade behaves I am convinced Jasper will too.

One more thing about Jade: I think she is part Asian Palm Civet. She climbs trees! Evidence:



She did this 2 days this week while the kids were waiting for the school bus. She is looking over a 6 foot wall at us! Because I am not entirely sure that she is smart enough not to try to jump over, I am now making sure she is in the house when we go to catch the bus. Wouldn't want the boy to lose his dog.

And about the underlined text - sorry. I cannot figure out where the code is that made that happen; hence, I cannot remove it.

1 comment: