Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I was right, again.

Add this to my resume: Dream Interpreter.

When Ethan woke up he came to "hold". We sat for a few minutes before I remembered the tooth stuff.

"Hey!" I said. "What about the tooth fairy?" I thought he had forgotten to check.

"One dollar" he said, very dejectedly. (My money-loving boy. We have a lot of discussions about "The love of money is the root of all evil". They don't seem to penetrate.)

"Why do you sound sad about a dollar?" I asked, fearing the answer.

"Because just before I woke up I had a dream about the tooth fairy." (See! I knew it!!!!!!!) "In my dream she left me two five dollars and a thirty dollar."

Where do I even begin with commentary on that?! There are so many things I could say! I choose to ignore all of the lessons that need to be taught there and just focus on this: I was right. He WAS dreaming about teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment