Thursday, July 22, 2010

This and That

I actually have taken pictures in the past week; we've had a birthday and other picture-worthy moments. Just haven't had time to transfer them to the computer. I'm in the home stretch as far as packing, and trying to stay on task. Eric arrives on Friday, then we leave on Saturday for a few days at the beach. Crazy, I know, but Eric needs a vacation and this is honestly the only chance he's had or may have in quite awhile.

My Mom seems to remain the same, which is to say she is quite miserable but I still have the privilege of talking with her frequently. I now consider every conversation a gift. She is praying for me and my family, which seems so wrong given her condition, but that is my Mom. A prayer warrior, she is praying specifically for each family member and many friends.

The kids are taking turns sleeping in my bed. What a huge mistake! They wiggle, they kick, and they just generally invade my space. But in a weak moment several days ago I promised they could do this until Dad returns, and I must keep my promise. I am so ready for them to get back to school. Sometimes boarding school sounds good! But not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment