Monday, July 5, 2010

Things We Love About America

The first day back we ate some good old American Food.
We especially love the corn. I plan to eat as much corn on the cob as I possibly can while in the States.
At Joel's house the other day, he grilled corn. First Rachel put some concoction of butter and honey and lime and lemon on the corn. It was incredibly wonderful. They are coming my direction today and we (they) will make it again.
Another thing we love: Clear blue skies and sparkling swimming pools.

We will have our very own sparkling swimming pool in Taiwan and that will be WONDERFUL. I am hopeful that there will also be some clear blue skies.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I have nevr found corn as sweet and tender as I have in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn here, even our own homegrown, takes a lot of cooking. Barbecue works quite well.
    It must be wonderful to be back on familiar ground again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In cidentally Hubby only home awaiting to go back on 22nd for further investigations and possibly op.

    Thanks for concern and prayers.

    ReplyDelete