Monday, November 14, 2011

Field Day

Recently both of my kids had their annual "Field Day" at school. I'll share a few pictures, Academy Awards style.

BEST EFFORT


The highlight of every field day is the tug-of-war. This year neither of my kids were on a winning team. For Ethan's team, I think you can see why - the girls were just having too much fun!


Anna looked to be working pretty hard, but due to lack of technique or strength they still came up short.


(I learned a lesson about technique that day when I joined in for the parent/teacher tug-of-war. My team had several people who counted out loud: "1,2,3, PULL, 1,2,3, PULL. We won.)

FAVORITE PICTURE


Ethan is getting pretty big and solid.


Anna in action. (When I look closely at her face I still see the sweet face she had when she was 2.)


BEST PICTURE THE KIDS WILL HATE ME FOR POSTING

Anna's feet have always turned in but - !!! How does she do that?

What's wrong with this picture?
(Did you see it? Ethan has finished his swing but the ball is still on the tee! In case you haven't guessed, my kids don't play sports.)

FAVORITE PICTURE WITH FRIENDS

I love the look of intensity on the girls faces.

Ethan and his very best friend. The tallest kid in the class and the shortest. It cracks everyone up.

BEST "OOPS" PICTURE

A friend bumped me as I took this picture. I'm have no idea why that caused this effect, but I love the picture!
And this, I realize is blurry. However, I love the bright colors - red, green, yellow and blue - so for me it's a keeper.


That's it for excitement around here.

I find it hard to believe it is nearly Thanksgiving. I think the reason is the climate. Since it doesn't get cold and snowy it still feels like summer. Holidays feel very strange to me. Perhaps because we're in a foreign country, perhaps because I'm not with family, probably both. So I am just going about daily life with little or no thought given to the impending holidays. Do I need to think/plan/decorate?

No comments:

Post a Comment