Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Memorable Moments of 2010

In the past year I have taken more than 1000 pictures. I decided to try to choose 1 from each month to represent my year. To my great surprise, I have no pictures from the months of January or February, so I will cheat and include a couple of extras from other months.

My 2010 memories:

January: Mom told me she hoped 2010 would be a better year for me than 2009 had been. (It wasn't. It was probably worse.)

February: Though it didn't seem particularly significant at the time, it would be my Mom's last birthday.

March: We had my Taiwanese friend Gloria and her son Jason to our house for dinner. Little did we know we would soon be in Taiwan ourselves!
April: This month was full beyond belief! I entertained my mother-in-law and her best friend. Eric saw them for 1 day before he had to leave for Taiwan!
The kids and I joined Eric for 4 months in Taiwan. Here the kids and Eric are pictured with Susan, our realtor, who was this day giving us a sightseeing tour but would soon play a more significant role in our lives.

At the end of the month I flew back to Boise where I saw my Mom for the last time in person. (I am so grateful for Skype. It allowed me to see Mom many more times via computer.)

Children and grandchildren flew in from all over. Here I am with my brother and our niece, Sara.

The last picture of me with my Mom.
May: We celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday.


June: We decided to stay in Taiwan for 2 years, and Susan helped us find a house with our very own swimming pool.
July: We celebrated Anna's birthday - Eric via Skype.
August: The cousins moved in as we moved out!
September: We said good-bye to my Mom. The lasting memory everyone has of Mom is "I am Blessed."
October: After the craziness of the preceding months it was inexplicably comforting to spend an evening with friends, talking and drinking wine on the patio of our new home in Taiwan. Landon Jensen and Chris Murphy were visiting from Boise and I think this is one of my best memories of the year!
November: Two new puppies in one day. I guess life wasn't crazy enough!
December: The kids got to participate in a play at church. This scene mirrored real-life, as Ethan (aka Michael) teased Anna (aka Jane).
Best Wishes for a better year...
Love in Christ,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea to put your year into perspective. It's been so nice to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete