Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a LITTLE like Christmas

I hear from my family across the U.S. that it's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas. Minnesota has had a good old fashioned blizzard. (The roof of the Metrodome collapsed from the weight of the snow!) My Dad reports more snow than ever before in his 15 years in Idaho, and rather unusually cold.

But in Taiwan I am having a hard time remembering that Christmas is coming. The weather here could not be more perfect. We have had several weeks of temperatures in the 70's and beautiful sunny skies. I love it! I have to remind myself that Christmas is coming because I need to get some gifts for the kids!

We did buy a Christmas tree. I call it Taiwan Tacky style.

And I did remember to hang Christmas stockings. Three of them I made and, since we had company yesterday, I wanted them out being seen rather than tucked away in a cabinet.


And, oh yeah, I put a couple of decorations on the mantel along with the TWO Christmas cards we've received. (BTW, they are from total strangers - internet friends. Get with the program friends and family! Oh wait, I didn't send you any either.)


Today I get to laze around the house. The next 3 days are BUSY and then on Friday we fly out early in the morning. I'll post when I can.

2 comments: